Everyone's Time Has Value.
This Is Where We Celebrate and Benefit From Each Other's Value!
Where we are:
The Delaware Hour Exchange is a regional group, inspired by the international Time Bank movement. We build and strengthen our community through the exchange of services of our members, thereby realizing true local resilience and sustainable living.
We are all-inclusive, recognizing that every person can offer services of value to other people as well as receive services.
Our unit of exchange is one hour of time, rather than a monetary exchange. Everyone’s time is valued equally.
When people’s needs are met and when their talents and gifts are shared and recognized, we create the world in which we’d like to live
You earn a time credit for every hour you help meet the needs of another member. This time credit can then be redeemed for services from others, and the never-ending cycle of sharing continues.
Getting Started with our Timebank:
- Create a new login and you will be sent a notification email. (Please check your spam folder if you do not see it quickly.)
- After you have confirmed your email address by clicking on the link in the notification;
- and after your Timebank's coordinator has approved your membership;
- please fill out your member profile.
- Attend an orientation (check the Timebank calendar) or complete an online orientation.
- Login to the Timebank and
- You can ask your coordinator for help at Contact Us (also see the link at the top of the home page)
- You can read the software manual (see the 'Community Weaver Help Resources.' (also see the link at the top of the home page)
Ongoing Use of the TimeBank:
- Don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built to strengthen our community.
- Please respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive from your neighbors about the requests or offers you've posted.
- After you've communicated with a neighbor and determined that a service exchange is appropriate, make specific arrangements (date and time) for the exchange.
- Fulfill the exchange and save a record of it in your hours account.
- Come back and review offers and requests from other members.
Do this again and again to help keep our community alive and flourishing!